Thursday, November 1, 2012

Audrey's Sewing Studio (well, it was a dining room) is official!

I haven't been able to sew for the last few weeks.

At first, I thought it was just the change in the seasons.  Then, I thought maybe I need to increase my vitamin intake.  But, finally, I realized:

I. NEED. A. SEWING. SPACE.

Previously, I kept fabric in a box in an empty spot in the living room. 
I had miscellaneous items (patterns / notions / fabric scraps) in a shopping bag in a corner of the dining room.
The sewing machine has been on the nightstand of my bedroom.
The ironing board somewhere between the hall closet, the living room or my bedroom - just depending. 
And, everytime I want to sew something - I end up wandering from room to room to room.  Trying to assemble everything I need.  I won't even mention the number of times, I end up getting distracted as I walk from one room to the next.

Well, not any more.

I totally love my dining room.  And, I especially love coming home and seeing the table nicely decorated, but for the immediate future - at least until, I find that it's time for me to move somewhere more spacious.  The Dining Room will Officially serve as Audrey's SEWING Studio.

I added a wheeled 3 drawer cart for fabric / pattern / notion storage.  I have some crocheting items stored in a DSW brown bag (until, I find the right storage solution). I have enough space to stand up the ironing board.  I can easily set the sewing machine up on the dining room table.  And, more importantly - I'm able to have everything in one centralized location.

I feel so much better.  I feel like pressure has been lifted from my brain.  I love knowing that everything is organized.  I love having a dedicated space.  And, I'm so much more relaxed that I'm ready to get back to creating. 

I'm keeping everything on wheels - in the event that I need to use my studio as a dining room.  Then, I'll be able to push everything into my bedroom or closet.

Needles Up,
Always Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment