Sunday, June 14, 2015

Completed UFO: Jumpsuit

**Spoiler Alert: Another Pink Project**

This jumpsuit has been waiting almost 2 years for completion.  I've been at a stand still because because the instructions for the zipper used the assumption that I would already know how to insert a zipper.  The finished product isn't perfect - the zipper is a little wonky - but, I made it and I love it!
New Look 6757 - View C Jumpusit
Pattern Description: Out of Print - Misses dress in two lengths and jumpsuit.

Pattern Sizing: 8-18, I made the 18

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  Yes!

                            

Were the instructions easy to follow? Not really.  The pattern is rated easy, but I had a difficult time working through the instructions for attaching the zipper and the halter top.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  I love the look of the finished outfit! Win.  Although, I didn't like the instructions - they could have been explained better.

Fabric Used:  2 5/8 yards of Pink Rose Polyester Suiting

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  In the chest area, I used a 1/2 inch seam allowance (to make sure it would fit), but I used 5/8 inch seam allowance everywhere else.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  Yes, I would sew it again.  I wouldn't recommend this pattern to a true beginner, but if you have experience and don't need instructions to give you every step of construction and you can locate the pattern (it's out of print), then I would recommend it. I got it during a pattern swap.


Needles Up, 
Always Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment