Saturday, August 25, 2012

Dave Ramsey - My Total Money Makeover

This is not your typical Audrey.
I’m telling you, so you already know it’s the truth.

I heard about Dave Ramsey back in 2010 when his book My Total Money Makeover – made the top 10 list at my local Publix (grocery store).  I eventually purchased the book AND read it.  But, that’s all.

I will say that it made me think.  And, wonder – would it be possible for me to do all of these radical things?  Amazingly, the answer is YES.  In June, I joined the MYMMO (My Total Money Makeover) Website – and, I’ve started the journey to Financial Peace.  I don’t have all of the answers, but I know in making a few changes suggested in the book over the last 2 years – that, I have seen a difference in my finances.  I haven’t switched jobs.  I don’t make significantly more money.  BUT, I’ve seen a difference.

I wanted to get 2 or 3 financial plans (I hate the “b” word – budget) under my belt before I started talking about my progress, etc.  Since, I already know how I can be…

I’m trying to make a change in my life for the better. 
I feel like this shift in my finances will: 1) lead me to financial peace; and 2) prove to be another ReInvention of Audrey….
I’m hopeful…
And, optimistic.
But, mostly –
I’m tired of debt
Especially, Sallie Mae
And, I want to have choices.

Needles Up,
Always Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment