Friday, April 19, 2013

She Sews and.... She KNITS!

Me Made Monday - Monday, April 15th -  V8541 Pink Skirt & Black RTW sweater

Katie & yarn covered shopping cart courtesy of Marietta Daily Journal
I want to send a very special "Thank You" to Katie & Susan  for inviting me and teaching me how to knit.

July 6th the Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art (MCMA) will unveil it's "Yarn Bomb." The goal will be to cover portions of the museum in hand (yarn) crafted material.  As part of this initiative, the museum has hosted Knitting & Crocheting Workshops where you could learn the basics - thereby, being able to contribute to the final project! 

And, I learned how to KNIT!

So, I've always wanted (sidebar - why do I start so many sentences with "so." OMG!) to learn how to knit, but with the two needles it just wasn't something that I could pick up by myself.  I signed up for the workshop and attended last night - Thursday, April 18th.  The very gracious Susan, a MCMA volunteer, taught me how to knit in just under 2 hours.  I've learned the following techniques:

Cast On
Knit Stitch
Purl Stitch
Bind Off

I started with a small multi-colored (mostly, pinks & yellows) cotton ball of yarn and once I finish it - I'll be sure to post a picture of my work before I turn it in.  And, of course - in typical Audrey style - I totally forgot to take any pictures last night during the workshop.

The museum will accept knit/crocheted donations until June 1st.  If you have any finished or nearly finished projects that you would like to donate - the more the merrier....  For more information, here's a link to the Yarn Installation Page on the MCMA website.

Needles Up,
Always Audrey

1 comment:

  1. Audrey- This is terrific! Thank you for sharing and thank you so much for your donations. I am so glad that you got a lot out of this!
    You'll have to come by and see the completed yarn bomb! :) It's up already! <3
    All the best,
    -Katie Bush

    ReplyDelete