Monday, May 20, 2013

Mission Statement

Over the course of the last few months, I felt like I was trying to do way too many things all at the same time.  Part of problem was that I was over-committing my time.  The other part, was that I was seriously underestimating the amount of time and motivation that I needed to work on things.  So, I have a lot of projects that I started (or, should I say --> half-finished) since the beginning of the year (including, V8815 top, S1906 dress, 1 crochet & 1 knit project for the yarn bomb). 

That's why I decided to revisit my Mission Statement.  I completed this exercise a few years ago, but I needed to assess where I am now and make sure that all of the things that I'm working on fit in with my ultimate mission / purpose.  I realize that I need to work on managing my commitments, and making sure I finish what I start (didn't I just go through this at the beginning of the year - OMG!), but I found that I am mostly on the right track.

If you want to create your own Mission Statement, visit Franklin Covey - Mission Statement Builder.  This is a great website that will have you answer a series of questions to come up with your personal Mission Statement.  I went through all of the questions one day, then spent a day or two thinking before I completed my answers.

Audrey's Mission Statement 2013

I am at my best when 1) I know what's expected of me; 2) I have an opportunity to be creative; and, 3) I feel comfortable communicating my thoughts. 
I will try to prevent times when 1) I'm not able to communicate my thoughts; 2) my creativity is hampered; and, 3) expectations and goals haven't been clearly communicated.
I will enjoy my work by finding employment where I can solve problems, think critically, think creatively, work through issues, explain problems, and work with others to find solutions.
I will find enjoyment in my personal life through dancing, sewing, knitting, crocheting, planning, organizing, re-organizing, making lists, cooking, baking, listening to music, and reading.
I will find opportunities to use my natural talents and gifts such as public speaking, decision making, problem solving, cheer leading, being persuasive, and being a friend.
I can do anything I set my mind to, therefore, I will start a clothing line, make a movie, write a book, go back to school and get my degree, and volunteer teaching kids and/or adults crafts.
My life's journey is full of smaller battles that continually challenge me to evolve into the person that I have always been destined to be. I sometimes wish that I was the most courageous or the bravest, but I am not.  And yet, I continually learn that I am better than I was before the newest battle started.
I will be a person who is surrounded by friends, family and members of either the community or my local church.  I desire to be known as the epitome of a lady that is kind, generous, decisive and quick witted always speaking with power and conviction. 
My most important future contribution to others will be smiles, laughter, honesty, and compassion.
Although, I don't procrastinate - since, I always start or make an attempt - I will be mindful of the number of things that I start at one time.  I will endeavor to make realistic goals / time lines and not have more than 4 new projects (especially, crafts) going at one time. 
I will strive to incorporate the following attributes into my life:
  • Courage & Strength
  • Expressing myself clearly
  • Believing in myself again
I will constantly renew myself by focusing on the four dimensions of my life:
  • Eating balanced, nutritious & delicious meals, working out, dancing, resting
  • Praying & mediating; spending time reading (non-fiction & self-help books)
  • Staying organized, writing down goals & dreams, using my planner, staying on plan financially, making sure I make time for fun/relaxation and for work/budget
  • Spending time with friends, volunteering

Needles Up,
Always Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment