Tuesday, May 26, 2015

PR Beginner Contest - Update

**Update on my progress for the PR Beginner Contest**

 Part of the Beginner Contest - includes expanding your abilities and I am challenging myself in the following ways:
  1. I am making a shirt - my first one. ** I need to finish the neck, arm holes and hem to complete this project.**
  2. I am using a New Pattern - Vogue 8815.  I purchased this pattern a few years ago and although I have read the instructions countless times, I have never cut the pattern or attempted to make this peplum top.
  3. The pattern calls for a zipper.  Yet, another first - the last pattern I made called for a zipper, but I added an elastic casing instead. **I installed an InVISIBLE ZIPPER!  I watched this video for help and clarity: YouTube - Installing an Invisible Zipper - Toni Barsi.**
  4. I will need to make a Full Bust Adjustment.  **Although, now I have a better understanding - my FBA was mostly a fail.  The shirt did fit my dress form "Mostly Me" perfectly.  But, the shirt didn't fit me at all. I really need to make the dress form match my body shape.  So, before I closed the sides of the shirt I added some extra fabric (design feature - haha!).  And, now the shirt fits.**
I am very proud of myself.  Normally, if I reach a part of the project where I haven't exactly done it right or it does not fit - I move on to something else.  But, I don't want to end up with a closet full of UFOs - so, I am working through all issues to get this shirt to work.

Needles Up,
Always Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment