Friday, March 30, 2012

Skirt Completed

Here's a complete review of the skirt that I completed:


Pattern Description: Very Easy Vogue 8541 – Out of Print – Misses’ Jacket, Skirt and Pants. Pull-on skirt C has back slit and elastic casing, length is mid-knee. I only made the skirt.

Pattern Sizing: 16-24. I made a 22, but I could have made it way smaller.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, but my skirt is more flared – I should have made a smaller size (or graded down at the hips).

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, mostly. The steps that were explained made sense and were easy to follow, but there was one step that they didn’t really explain at all. (I’ll be posting a question on the message board).

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I made it, I love it! Finished it Monday night and wore it to work on Tuesday morning. Oh, yeah!

Fabric Used: I used a black polyester crepe (about $4.85 per yard from Fabric.com).
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: No changes made.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I will make it again. I would like to get a TNT skirt pattern, but with a better fit. This is only my 2nd completed garment since I started sewing again in December 2011, so I think it turned out great.
 
Conclusion: This pattern is out of print on the vogue website, but they had plenty in stock at my Joann’s during the last Vogue Pattern sale. I mainly wanted something that would be fairly quick and easy to put together as I get back into the habit of making clothes.
Needles Up,
Always Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment