Thursday, May 10, 2012

My First Pair of Pants!

Here's the complete review of the Pants I made:


Pattern Description: Very Easy Vogue 8541 – Out of Print – Misses’ Jacket, Skirt and Pants.  Pull-on pants D have elastic casing and straight legs.  I only made the pants.

Pattern Sizing: 16-24. I made the 18, but I could have made the 16.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Absolutely Yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, mostly – I think they could have been a little more clear.  Of course, I sewed both pant front to pant back the same way.  I ended up with a back and front in the back and in the front – LOL!  Luckily, I cut the pants 1 size bigger so, I was able to use the extra fabric to make it work.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I made it, I love it!  Finished it Monday night and wore it to work on Tuesday morning.  Oh, yeah!

Fabric Used: I used a black polyester crepe (about $4.85 per yard from Fabric.com). 

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  No changes made (only what’s listed above).

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I will make it again. 

Conclusion: I love these pants & I received a lot of compliments!  Winning!



Needles Up,
Always Audrey

2 comments:

  1. I found some pants material las month and have been afraid to start on them. YOU are an Inspiration. Nice job and write up.The length looks just right. And black pants are such a "Go to..Basic" I bet you will get lots of wears out of them

    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving a comment. I hope you will try your hand at making those pants - in the words of Deepka from Pattern Review I am "Sewing Fearlessly!"

    ReplyDelete