Monday, October 15, 2012

One Year Challenge

I'm thinking of joining Good-bye Valentino's One Year Challenge

Since, I've been sewing - I have naturally stopped buying RTW.  I'm much more conscious of the quality and the price.  It's hard spending my money on something that I could make (and, I'm a beginner).  OMG!

I think the biggest part of the challenge would be that I would really need to consistently sew.  Right now, I sew when the mood strikes.  But since I won't be able to run to Old Navy to buy a new t-shirt, I'll really need to make a sewing plan that I can stick to and work towards making garments that make sense for my lifestyle.  Right now, I've been making things that are fun.  Things that I want, but haven't been able to find the right fit (like, pants & skirts).  And, I will have to get over my fear of making a FBA --> this is my reality.

I think the best thing about this decision is that it would line up with my financial goals and plans.  Although, I spend money on fabric, patterns and notions.  The number of projects that I'm able to complete doesn't compare with buying the same amount of stuff RTW.

** If you aren't familiar with sewing terms, here's a mini - glossary:
RTW - Ready to Wear
OMG - Oh My Gosh
FBA - Full Bust Adjustment

Needles Up,
Always Audrey

2 comments:

  1. I applaud you for taking the challenge. The last two RTW items I bought were a pair of activewear pants and a rayon top. The only time I go to the mall is to snoop-shop so that I can get ideas of styles that flatter my figure. Good luck to you! I'll be on the lookout for updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn,

    Since I started sewing last December, I've bought about 5 things (and, all on clearance)... You would have to know me - to know that that never happens 8~)

    I'm nervous & excited all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete