Monday, January 2, 2012

Maggie London Dress Update

I was so excited to get this pattern and purchase the fabric and the lining.  And, now I realize - um, I really should have picked a project with a woven fabric --- this knit material (although, beautiful) moves way too much.  I'm having a difficult time handling the material.  Enough said.

I want to make view A (sleeveless dress).  Initially, I wanted to make view B, but I need the dress top in a size 18 and the sleeves in a size 16 - and, I figured it would be easier to just make it without the sleeves.


Today has been a busy sewing (well, prepping) day.  I read the instructions. Prepped the fabric and the lining (although, after pre-treating, I don't think I picked the right lining).  OMG!  I've read all of the reviews of the pattern on patternreview.com, so I feel confident that I can make the dress without the lining.  Really, I'll probably make the dress and make the lining - just not attach them together (this material will either need a lining or a full slip).  We'll see.

Now, that everything has been cut out - it's time to make the pattern markings on the fabric, then - I can start sewing.  I'll keep you posted!

Needles Up,
Always Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment