Monday, January 30, 2012

B5664 Pink Dress

On the Horizon

For my next project, I will complete a pink dress (Butterick Pattern 5664 see the pattern, fabric ordered in December from fabric.com) a fitted & lined princess seam dress. This dress minus the sleeve/shoulder is just like Rachel Roy's Origami Cap Sleeved Fitted Dress see the dress here. Hopefully, this pattern will become my TNT for a fitted dress and by the summer I will make my own version of the Rachel Roy dress in Tangerine Tango (Pantone's Color of the Year).

I have already cut the fabric, cut the lining and sewed & pressed the darts (ha-ha! learned how to sew on a curve).  I should mention, that I had to do the darts twice (OMG!) and I still think 1 ends a little higher than the other.  "It's not right, but it's okay!"  I get a pass - I'm still getting back into the swing of things.

Super excited to get this dress done.  Hopefully, it'll be finished within the next week.

Needles Up,
Always Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment