Saturday, September 1, 2012

I made a Pencil Skirt!

Last weekend - I was on vacation.  So, I had the opportunity to do some sewing!  Oh, yeah!  The only real problem is that I've made a lot of bottoms (1 dress, 4 skirts & 2 pants), but ZERO tops.  I gotta fix that!

In addition to the red pants, I made a Pencil Skirt! And, it is so, so cute! 

Here's the official Pattern Review:



Pattern Description: Mimi G's Pencil Skirt / Free Tutorial

Pattern Sizing:
I made this based on my hip measurement.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes it does.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
The instructions were super easy & it's a project that I was able to complete in about 3 hours (start to finish).

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Loved everything!

Fabric Used:
Rayon Challis print from fabric.com / it was on sale for about $3.99 per yard - 1 yard of 45 inch.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
No changes made.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I will make this skirt again!  And, yes - I would recommend this pattern to others....

Conclusion:
Fast, beginner friendly project. 
I want to thank Mimi G (www.mimigstyle.com) - for providing the free Pencil Skirt tutorial (http://www.mimigstyle.com/p/mimi-g-tutorials.html).

Thanks Beverly Reece from work for taking my pictures - I hate that we were rushing....

Needles Up, Always Audrey

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! You know I shop the clearance section on Fabric.com.... I saw the colors on that fabric and I knew I wanted to make a skirt with it.

      Delete