Thursday, January 3, 2013

I Finished What I Started - Update 1/3/2013

Happy Birthday Mommie!

All updates are in italics..... I'm really proud of the progress I made in working to finish the projects that I started in 2012.  And, now that I've made space in the sewing studio - I can start working on the next projects on my list.

Pink Pants from V8541 - finish the hem on 1 pant leg. (Really, all that's keeping these pants from being done is one pant leg?) Completed 12 / 1 / 12 - I still need to take pictures.... And, I have put them on at least 3 different times to show friends. LOL! 12/26/12 - Here's a picture from a hanger.

*Purple Jacket V8541 - finish the sleeves and the hem. 12/17: Still in progress - I hemmed the sleeves per the pattern directions and they are too long. Ha-ha! Oh, yeah! This is my first jacket / shirt project. On the sleeve hem, I used one of the decorative stitches on my sewing machine (thanks, PR all the chatter about the Brother PE500 giveaway, had me thinking about embroidery). The sleeves are lined up, basted and pined - ready for the next step. 12/19 - WOW! This jacket is taking a lot of time.... I spent 1 1/2 hours this morning. I sewed the sleeves in (okay, so you can see a little bit of the ease stitching, ha-ha!) and it's near perfect. I did the pressing prep work for the hem.... Just the collar and finishing the hem needed. OMG! 12/23/12 Since, I had to work on Saturday - this afternoon was my only chance to get busy finishing this jacket - and, I did just that. IT IS FINISHED. I'm so excited - I hope the weather holds up, so I can show it off, I mean wear it to work tomorrow. See Purple Passion - My First Jacket

* Tweed Skirt V8541 - finish the hem on the tweed and the lining. 12/17: Laid out on the cutting board with everything needed to complete this project. 12/24: Back to this project.... I tried it on and I've decided the right length for the hem. I've found a part of the bottom in the back that needs a strip of interfacing added to it before I can hem the fashion fabric. Trying to decide if I should use the hem tape... I've re-organized the list for completion. 12/25: Added interfacing. No Hem tape. Finished Hem.... IT IS FINISHED.  See Look Before You Leap

* S1885 Dress - After the fiasco with the collar, I never picked this dress back up. I need to re-visit and see what needs to be done to complete it. 12/17: I also placed this project on the cutting table. I looked at it - I also need to finish the hem.I need to rip out the current collar - re-cut it and start fresh. Now, that I've finished the collar on the jacket - I see where I went wrong. 12/24: I ripped out the entire collar. I will re-cut the pieces and interfacing and start fresh. I went through the instruction sheet - and, I found the problem (**confusing instructions**). 12/25/12: Decided to use the pieces that I had and an add on piece that was missing. This is a sweatshirt alternative for the weekends.... The top of this dress is too big anyway - so, I took in about 4 inches in the collar by adding additional gathers in the front, sleeve cap, and back. I'm still having a hard time with the Simplicity instructions, so I may just do it the Vogue 8541 way - putting the interfacing on top, so that it will lay down.  12/29: Before going to work this morning (yes, on a Saturday) - I worked on the collar of this dress.   I just  need  to finish  the hem on this dress.  12/30: I finished the hem - and, this dress is finally FINISHED.  I still need to write the review, but I probably won't get to that until next weekend.

* Print Dress from V1250 - make a decision on the hem, and move it from the UFO stack to the closet. 12/17: This project is laying on the cutting table. I will likely finish this one last - I'm not going to be able to wear it for awhile.  12/30: I wanted to finish the hem and be totally finished with this dress, but when I tried it on - it's a disaster.  Okay, it might not be that bad.  The top part fits great over my breasts.  But, the rest of the dress hangs like a bag on my body.  I tried to take it in an inch on each side - and, it's still super big and baggy.  I'll probably wait until my mom comes in a few weeks and have her pin it on me (she used to sew when I was little).  After trying to make this dress work for over an hour - I have decided that I need a dress form.  This dress is an official Project-in-Progress.

* Pink & White Skirt V8541- re-cut missing piece and finish the skirt. 12/17: I took the fabric out and it's on the cutting table. I'll be able to cut the missing piece - one evening this week after work.  12/30: Since, I haven't gone back to this dress - I'll leave it off of my list for 2012.  I only have part of it cut out.  At least, this will be an easy project that can get my New Year of sewing off to a good start.

* Pink Jumpsuit NL6757 - I'm not going to be able to wear it, but I will be giving it to my mom. I meant to get her to try it on when she was here in November, but it completely slipped my mind. I still need to complete the finishing steps on the halter top, insert the zipper, and finish the hem. I won't be able to finish these things until she visits in January.  12/30: This is an official Project-in-Progress.

Needles Up,
Always Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment