Thursday, December 27, 2012

Look Before You Leap: Tweed Skirt

V8541 - Front - @ Work
V8541 - Side - @ Work
This Tweed fabric is absolutely beautiful (purchased during PR Weekend NYC) and it was a real nightmare when I first started working on this project....
One day, I'll learn to
LOOK
      BEFORE
                  I LEAP! 
See Frayed Nerves & a Tweed Skirt

No Review, just pictures (Thanks, Roz for the pics)....

This is my TNT (Tried N True) Elastic Waist Skirt Pattern from Vogue 8541. This is the fourth time that I used this pattern to make a skirt.

I cut the 16, but with frayed edges - I interfaced way, way after I cut (I know, brilliant!) - it's probably closer to a 12 or 14. The fit is pretty good (before I lost weight - I could barely get it over my hips), with the exception of a little extra in the back - I could probably fix that with two small darts. Right now, I'm just happy that the skirt is finished and, in time for New Years Eve! Oh, yeah!


V8541 - Back - @ Work
I learned so much while making this skirt....
 
* Interfacing: ha-ha! and, I ironed all of the strips of interfacing on right the first time. No, interfacing on the iron plate. Major win!

* Interlining: not sure if I did it all the way right, but it works. And, I'm so glad I added a thick poly tricot for the interlining, since the temp dropped 20 degrees today while I was at work. I wish I could find a very easy Vogue pattern that calls for an interlining - after I follow a thousand steps to do it the long way, I'll get the best way to approach it. I do know that I need to leave about 2 or 3 inches at the bottom loose. For ease in hemming. Live & Learn! (I say that way too often.)


Needles Up,
Always Audrey

6 comments:

  1. Having TNT patterns makes sewing so much easier. The fit is already worked out and all you have to do is sit and sew. Your skirt looks great. Kudos for pushing through the frays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your skirt. I came across a nice piece of tweed in my stash last night but put it back. I have to many projects already on the cutting table, LOL...FIESTA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment!
      Fiesta! (I love that.)

      Delete
  3. Hi Audrey that skirt is very classical, I like items that can always be in style, it is so flattering nice going.

    ReplyDelete