Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sewing Updates

I have had a very, very busy start to the New Year.  Between, meeting my close deadline at work; going to Grandma B's 80th Birthday Party; visiting my mom in Miami; buying a new (used) car and getting everything all settled; volunteering with the Girl Scouts; and, of course working (I can't leave that out of the equation).  I haven't had an opportunity to get much sewing done....

To transition back into sewing and rev up my mojo - I'm starting with my TNT V8541 skirt. 

Projects in Progress
Fabric Samples - I need to organize my fabric samples.  With the 1 year challenge - I want to be able to plan the different projects that I want to make over the course of the year.  So, I don't have a repeat of last year - specifically, all bottoms & no tops.  Also, I want to make sure I'm working on projects where the colors work well together (to create a functional wardrobe).  OMG!

V8541 Skirt- I want to get this pink skirt (and, hopefully a jacket) finished before the weather changes for good.  Once, I make this skirt - I'm retiring this pattern (it starts at size 16, and, now I'm between a 12-14 in bottoms).  3/15: I spent some time with this skirt.  Since, it's been a while since it was originally cut (and, re-cut) I ironed the pieces and finished the construction.  Now, I just need to finish the hem.  I'm planning on wearing it on Easter Sunday (although, I'll wear it before then - haha!), but I may need to buy some shoes (LOL!). 

V1250 Dress - I've been able to get this dress fitted to my shape and now I can finally finish it! I've taken out a total of 3 inches from each side and now the dress fits perfectly (well, it's only basted) when I try it on.  3/15/2013 Before I finished this dress, I marked on the pattern pieces the size that should be cut for the waist and below, since I didn't make a FBA.  Winning!  I'll post a review once I'm able to get some pictures.... OH, yeah!

NL6757 Jumpsuit - I was able to pin up the halter pants on my mom to get an idea of the fit. I may decide to get a different zipper - I was going to use black for me, but I'll try to find a pink zipper that matches the fabric for mommie. I need to read / watch you tube on inserting zippers.

Brand Spanking New Projects
NL6130 - I want to make the sleeveless peplum top (View C) and the zippered skirt. I have a few different cuts of cotton fabric and now, I just need to decide which colors I want to work with to achieve my desired look. I will be making the shirt in February - depending on my time and progress before the 1st. I will start by making the skirt.

V7975 - Jacket using the pink and white fabric. Originally, this is something that I wanted to have completed by now, but my life has gotten in the way.

Projects for Fall / Winter Sewing
Infinity Scarf - I don't have a pattern for this, but I saw a great tutorial.

V1320 (Winter Coat) - I have the pattern, I may have the fabric (I have fabric, but I'm not sure if I want to use it for this jacket) - the biggest thing will be mustering up the courage to do it.

Completed
Write a review - S1885 - When I finished this dress, I never wrote a review for the pattern. I like writing reviews and having 1 central location where I can see all of the patterns that I have tried. 02/18/2013 Completed Wrote the review, posted it on my blog & PR.
 
Color Coding Chart
Black - Project Completed 1st Quarter 2013
Red - New Project (pattern and/or fabric hasn't been cut)
Purple - Project in Progress that needs more work..... (in example, needs to be hemmed)
Blue - Project in Progress that is very close to completion (wearable) or is completed, but needs to be reviewed.

Needles Up,
Always Audrey

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you've got your sewing all organized out, I'm still stuck on that small print, "no purchased cloths" lol! I read it, I knew it!but it's just sinking & I'm thinking I need to go buy something quick before the withdrawals kick in especially with Dress Barn coupons comming in the mail lol! lol!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean.... Last year, I didn't buy any RTW because I didn't want anything. But, since I know I'm not going to be able, I just want to run out and buy something. LOL!

      Delete