Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday & My New Sewing Machine!

I bought a new sewing machine!
I've only had my previous sewing machine for a year (I bought it last year on Black Friday), but, when I purchased it I bought the most basic $50 machine.... I hadn't sewn anything in years (more, like decades).  And, I wasn't sure I would actually use it - BUT, I have.
 
It was hard trying to decide what would be the right machine for me.  I mean, I didn't want to purchase another machine that I would outgrow in a year or so, but I also didn't want to make a major purchase. 
 
Really, I thought I made a decision - but, Wal-mart announced a last minute roll back.  I didn't see the update until late Wednesday night, so I knew - I would be headed out to the stores first thing on Black Friday morning.
 
I ended up with a Brother CE8080PRW (the pictures above are from Brother's website). 
And, I got it for $134.9780 built in stitches --> with a total of 8 different automatic button holes.  OMG!  Automatic button holes!
 
All day, I've been planning to get home, so that I could start playing with my new machine.... But, I'm way, way too tired.  Of course, between trying to get the 50% off thread from Fabric.com at 1 this morning (and, they had already sold out of the white Gutterman), and getting to Wal-mart at 6:45, then going to work.... I'm just too tired.  Really, what was I thinking?
 
I did open the box, but I still need to take everything out. 

Once, I get it set up - I'll be sure to post more pictures! 

P.S.  I haven't given him a name yet, but I'm sure I will!  Right now, he's MMII (Magic Maker #2)!

Needles Up,
Always Audrey
 

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS on your new machine! I can stilll remember buying my very own first machine in 1989 and it was a Brother. I still have the first machine my grandmother gave me in high school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting!

      I remember the Singer that my Grandmother used when teaching me. She wouldn't let me touch the foot pedal. Ha-ha! But, when I think of Singers now, I still remember that way back when (1990 -1991).

      I love this Brother and I'm learning sew much! I almost feel like I went from hand sewing, to machine sewing. That's how much more this sm does compared to my old one.

      Delete