Saturday, December 22, 2012

Fabulous Feature - Designer Top Stitching

My new sewing machine - Brother CE8080PRW



And, my very favorite feature (well, at least right now today).... Designer Top Stitching.  This sewing machine comes with 80 built in stitches,


 
I'm not the best photographer, but I tried to get some pictures of the detail on the sleeve of my jacket.  I used one of the decorative stitches to stitch down the hem.  I think I'll use this same stitch to add some additional detailing to this jacket.


V8541 Jacket Update - well, it looks like a jacket (and, that's great).  But, it is way, way too big!  No worries, I'm still gonna rock it (I made it, I love it!).  It would have probably been big on me either way, but with the 10 pounds I've lost (actually, 10.2 pounds confirmed on Thursday, December 20th) - it's looks extra large.  I should have cut a smaller size and made a full bust adjustment....  I just still haven't really learned how to do a FBA, so there's that problem.  Overall, I'm excited about the progress I've made and I'm looking forward to finishing this project.  I previously made a purple skirt from this pattern... I want to be able to wear the skirt and jacket together.  Oh, yeah - I'm winning (**happy dance**).

I'm glad I decided to tackle this project before the others - I'll be glad for some mindless hemming after doing all of this hard work.

Needles Up,
Always Audrey

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Audrey. I see you and your machine are bounding well. Continue to FIESTA :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting!

      I slowly learning all of the different things on this sewing machine.... I'm having so much fun. This is the best type of Christmas gift - the kind that you start playing the day after Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. Really nice Audrey, I am drooling for a new machine, maybe next christmas

    ReplyDelete