Friday, December 28, 2012

#reverb12 - Day 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21

#reverb12
I saw a link to this on Sew Fashionably Modest
There are daily prompts for the month of December that allow you to reflect on 2012 and plan for 2013. 



Day 17 - How did you make a difference?
Think of one person whose life you made a difference to in 2012.
What did you gain from this?
How will you continue to make a difference in 2013.

My life.
I made the greatest difference this year in my life.  I invested in my health & well-being.  I planned (and, not just in my mind) my meals - for both weight maintenance / loss and budgeting.  I released negative thinking.  I embraced changed.  I wrote a lot of letters (and, remembered that I enjoy writing letters).  I gave lots of cards (birthdays, special occasions).  All the things that I've talked about doing - budgeting, saving, sewing, baking - I did them this year. 
By investing in myself - I became a better me.
I'm more focused, grounded and less impulsive, but I'm also more present and in the moment.  I slowed down and once I stopped rushing from / to I noticed that I haven't spent much time these last few years savoring the present moment. 
I'm less on edge.
I'm smiling more. Real smiles, not the fake ones that I've been passing around (*smile*).
Although, I feel the greatest impact was on my life - others have commented that they can see a difference.
In 2013, I want to continue to invest in my life, but I also want to share more of my life with others.  I plan to start back volunteering in my community.


Day 18 - The color of you?
What color best represents the year you had in 2012?
What color would you like to invite into your life this year?

This year started out a white washed gray.  Lacking depth, lacking clarity, lacking perception.  I think I knew what needed to be done, but I hadn't taken any steps to do it.
Then, around the 3rd week of January the color changed to a deep purple like on the weather map when there are storms on the horizon.  And, there were a lot of storms.  Lots of crazy things that all happened between January - March. 
The color changed to red.  I mean like bank account in the negative kind of red.  Thankfully, that only lasted a few weeks before it was back to black.
There's also been lots of yellow like rays of sunshine dispelling the darkness.
I'd like to invite pink, lavender, and orange into my life in 2013 - since, these are Barbie colors and they make me happy!


Day 19 - How did you nourish yourself?
How did you nourish your beautiful body in 2012?
What self-care practices will you take with you into 2013?

I did the majority of my meals at home.  That's probably why I was able to lose 10 pounds and 10 inches since September.  I knew what was going into each meal.
I danced this year.  I always enjoy dancing, but I wrote it into my schedule this year.  Even if, it's just me and the radio - I spent quality time dancing.  Earlier in the year (while I was wearing a weave), I even danced in the rain and stomped in puddles.  That was so much fun!
I normally take vitamins, etc - but, I was extra vigilant this year.  Making sure that I nourished myself with the appropriate vitamins & minerals (and, my asthma was better this year than it had been the last few).  I also used more home remedies this year - instead of rushing to the doctor or the pharmacy (lots of hot totties).
I've spent more time doing my own hair - learning the texture... Learning what works AND what doesn't. 
I changed toothpaste (Colgate Optic White) and my toothbrush (Sonicare).  I switched back to Ivory soap and Neutrogena body oil. 
I started using Cover Girl Queen collection powder for my everyday foundation.  I stopped using Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara (please pray for me - I feel weak).  One tube costs $15, but it works so good - maybe, that's what I should use the rest of my Christmas money on....
I rested this year.  I mean - when I felt low and tired - instead of my typical onward and upward.  I stopped and rested.  I noticed that I've also slept better this year than is typical for me.
I read, and read, and read.  I've read better than 200 books this year.  Even though, there were quite a few that I re-read.  I love reading romance novels (and, I read plenty of those), but I also spent time reading books to help me on my journey.
I meditated.  This probably goes back to resting.  I slowed down.  I didn't rush.  I spent time praying, then I would follow it with time spent listening.
I don't plan on making changes in 2013.


Day 20 - What was lost and what was found?
What was lost in 2012?
What do you intend to find in 2013?

I've had some very toxic habits in my life leading up to 2012.... I lost some of the toxicity from my life.  I learned how to say "no" to myself and to others.  I made time for things that are important to me.  Really, 2012 has been much more about what I've gained than about what I've lost.  I've gained more self control.

In 2013, I hope to find a greater level of balance.  I stopped hanging out with friends as much in 2012 - and, as I start back volunteering and spending time with others.  I really hope I'm able to do it with the same sense of balance that I felt in 2012.


Day 21 - What's on your dream list?
What items did you tick off of your dream list?
What other unexpected dreams came to fruition?
What are the top 3 dreams on your list for 2013?

I already answered this question on Day 3 - I don't have anything to add.
 
Needles Up,
Always Audrey

3 comments:

  1. Wow Audrey. What a truly remarkable story. Again, many thanks for sharing. Your growth is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only told the story about this year.... I haven't mentioned the 2 major asthma attacks, 1 major allergic reaction, and the flu that I had in 2011 - no choice, but to slow down. And, act like I got some sense.

      I know you haven't posted, but I hope you've taken some time to write out your thoughts - these prompts are really helping me map out my life plan for 2013.

      Delete
    2. I started writing on the first five prompts and haven't taken the time to reflect on the rest. It's something that I tell myself to do every day, but never follow through. Ironically, that's one of the things I want to work on!

      Delete