Friday, December 14, 2012

TNT Pants

I've been slow to post this, but I made another pair of pants using my favorite - okay, (until, I got my new Vogues) my only pants pattern! - V8541. 

I don't have any pictures in these pants, although I've worn them 3 times.  They were finished except for the hem (on one leg) in September and when the weather changed earlier than I expected - I stopped working on them.  Yes, you read right I only needed to finish one pant leg.  I did the entire hem (blind stitch) by hand. 

I didn't post this on Pattern Review because I've posted about this pants pattern before.

Pattern Description:
Very Easy Vogue 8541 – Out of Print – Misses’ Jacket, Skirt and Pants. Pull-on pants D have elastic casing and straight legs. I only made the pants. This is my 3rd time making these pants.

Pattern Sizing:

16-24. I made the 16.  **I've been doing Weight Watchers.  I cut these pants at the end of August, but they are feeling baggier now.  Oh, yeah!  That's a great problem.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Absolutely Yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes.  Although, since this is my 3rd pair - I didn't really use them.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I made it, I love it!

Fabric Used:
I used a polyester suiting in Antique Rose - it was on clearance for $1.95 per yard at Fabric.com a few months ago.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
No changes made.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Super easy to make and you can dress 'em up or dress 'em down.   I especially, appreciate the comfort level during long days at work.  Yes, I will make these again, but I recently ordered some new patterns, so it may be awhile before I come back to this one.  

Needles Up,
Always Audrey
 

No comments:

Post a Comment