Saturday, December 8, 2012

#reverb12 - Day 6


#reverb12
I saw a link to this on Sew Fashionably Modest
There are daily prompts for the month of December that allow you to reflect on 2012 and plan for 2013. I didn't sign up (I've got enough commitments for the moment), but I like the idea of taking time to really reflect on the past year. 

Day 6 - What did you learn?
Compare the “you” from the beginning of 2012 to the “you” that you are now. What new skills or talents have you learned or discovered this year?

* How to tell myself "NO"
I really figured this out concerning my finances, but it branched out into all areas of my life.  At the beginning of the year, I was just so consumed with having everything right now.  I want it, I need it..... In reality, I don't need it and as soon as I look at the next thing - I don't want it anymore either.  This is the main reason that I've stayed away from the mall (Oh, Cumberland - how I've missed you!) and the bookstores (Barnes & Noble, perhaps we shall meet again in the future). 

*How to accept love for what it is
I have always felt like if someone loves me that there's this burden I have to prove that I'm worthy of the love or to work to maintain the love.  And, finally this year - I've learned to accept love.  If it's being offered I can accept it and that's all.

*How to make an omelet
I've always felt like - I would really know how to cook when I learned how to make an omelet.... I'm there!  Oh, yeah!  That's probably why I felt I could start baking and trying all types of other things.  And, once I got it.... I was trying to figure out what all the mystery was about in the first place.

*I've learned alot about my body.....
It feels like it's so hard for me to learn about my body because I'm always taking thyroid medicine, or hormones, or steroids, or something.  But, this year - even with all of that - I've really worked to listen to signals that my body sends.  When to play, when to work, when to pull back and relax, and when to shut down and sleep.

How about you?
What have you learned in 2012?

Needles Up,
Always Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment