Sunday, December 23, 2012

Finishing what I started... Update

All updates are in italics..... I'm still making progress.  I would like to have the majority of this done before New Years.  I want to start the year with a fresh project - MY Yellow Dress.  Or, a winter jacket....

I have still been thinking about the SWAP - and, I'm still interested.  I just honestly need to clear up some of these old projects before I can really wrap my head around new ones.  Oh, and no pressure - but, I've been planning on wearing the Tweed Skirt on New Year's Eve and the Pink & White Skirt on Grandma B's birthday (MLK Day).  Really, I wanted to make a Pink & White jacket to go with the skirt....

* Pink Pants from V8541 - finish the hem on 1 pant leg. (Really, all that's keeping these pants from being done is one pant leg?) Completed 12 / 1 / 12 - I still need to take pictures.... And, I have put them on at least 3 different times to show friends. LOL!

* Purple Jacket V8541 - finish the sleeves and the hem. 12/17: Still in progress - I hemmed the sleeves per the pattern directions and they are too long. Ha-ha! Oh, yeah! This is my first jacket / shirt project. On the sleeve hem, I used one of the decorative stitches on my sewing machine (thanks, PR all the chatter about the Brother PE500 giveaway, had me thinking about embroidery). The sleeves are lined up, basted and pined - ready for the next step.  12/19 - WOW!  This jacket is taking a lot of time.... I spent 1 1/2 hours this morning.  I sewed the sleeves in (okay, so you can see a little bit of the ease stitching, ha-ha!) and it's near perfect.  I did the pressing prep work for the hem.... Just the collar and finishing the hem needed.  OMG!  12/23/12 Since, I had to work on Saturday - this afternoon was my only chance to get busy finishing this jacket - and, I did just that.  IT IS FINISHED.  I'm so excited - I hope the weather holds up, so I can show it off, I mean wear it to work tomorrow.  I will post a review once I get some pictures.  Here it is on the hanger.

* Tweed Skirt V8541 - finish the hem on the tweed and the lining.   12/17: Laid out on the cutting board with everything needed to complete this project.

* Pink & White Skirt V8541- re-cut missing piece and finish the skirt.  12/17:  I took the fabric out and it's on the cutting table. I'll be able to cut the missing piece - one evening this week after work.

* Print Dress from V1250 - make a decision on the hem, and move it from the UFO stack to the closet. 12/17: This project is laying on the cutting table. I will likely finish this one last - I'm not going to be able to wear it for awhile.

* S1885 Dress - After the fiasco with the collar, I never picked this dress back up. I need to re-visit and see what needs to be done to complete it.   12/17: I also placed this project on the cutting table. I looked at it - I also need to finish the hem.  I need to rip out the current collar - re-cut it and start fresh.  Now, that I've finished the collar on the jacket - I see where I went wrong.

* Pink Jumpsuit NL6757 - I'm not going to be able to wear it, but I will be giving it to my mom. I meant to get her to try it on when she was here in November, but it completely slipped my mind. I still need to complete the finishing steps on the halter top, insert the zipper, and finish the hem. I won't be able to finish these things until she visits in January.

12/23/2012:  I am so excited that I was able to finish the jacket - and, it looks good! 


Needles Up,
Always Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment