Wednesday, December 19, 2012

#reverb12 - Day 14, 15 & 16

#reverb12
I saw a link to this on Sew Fashionably Modest
There are daily prompts for the month of December that allow you to reflect on 2012 and plan for 2013.

I don't have time to keep up with this, but since, I have been enjoying the process. I've been going back to the original post on I Saw You Dancing and working through the list of prompts.....


Day 14 - The path that brought you here?
What was the most important thing you learned in 2012?  How does this learning shape the path going forth?

I'm choosing to skip this prompt.  I covered the things that I learned in the post about Day 6 - "What did you learn?".


Day 15 - What tingled your taste buds?
What is the most extraordinary dish you sampled in 2012?  What made it so magical?

There were a few things that I've had this year that really made my taste buds dance and sing.... Most notably (in no particular order):

Fresh Bread (and, yes - I baked it).... Although, I think the blueberry loaf had the best smell / aroma, I loved the crusty on the outside - soft on the inside-ness and the taste of the homemade bread.  I also liked beating that dough.

2 Egg Omelet with Jerk Turkey (Boars head), Munster Cheese & Rotel - UNBELIEVABLE!  And, yes I made it!  This was so delicious and because it was so stuffed to the top with the turkey, cheese & rotel - I was enough (with toast) for two meals.  Of course, I went totally overboard making these omelets this summer, but I enjoyed each one.

Spaghetti (to the 1000th degree - something else that I made).... One of my co-workers Gary, has a garden and he brought me some fresh basil, oregano, etc.  These fresh herbs with basic grocery store brand tomato paste and sauce - slow cooked for 3 hours.  I don't need to say anymore.  I made a huge batch of the sauce.... and, tried it 3 different ways - with ground turkey and turkey sausage, with ground chicken and with imitation crab meat.  Each way it was delicious - and, the last part that spent about 2 months in the freezer tasted better than when I first made it.

Stewed Chicken with Peas & Rice - Caribbean Fiesta, a Jamaican restaurant by my Doctor's Office.... I'm normally rushing to the Doctor's office (crazy traffic) and I'm normally rushing to get back to my side of town (why does it always rain when I go see Dr. Bob?).  But, while I was over there in April - I was hungry, so I made the time.... OMG!  The portions were huge, and the taste so, so delicious.  Needless to say, stopping by this little piece of heaven is on my list when I'm on that side of town.  The Doctor's office is about 45 minutes away from my house.


Day 16 - Who inspired you?
Who inspired you in 2012 and why?
What gifts did they give you?  And, how will you carry these forward in to 2013?

In 2012, I started making / meeting (mostly, online) sewing friends...  I officially joined Pattern Review and did the NYC shopping trip.  I started my blog.  And, I reached beyond my comfort zone - and, found a great community of friends.

The gifts have come in many different shapes and sizes.  Sometimes, I've read all the things that went right... Or, wrong.  Sometimes, it's been an alert that new patterns are available.  Or, that there's a great sale going on.  Especially, with PR - there have been several patterns that I have passed on after reading the reviews (and, I do pull up PR even if I'm standing in the store before I purchase a pattern).  There have been tons of advice and even free tutorials (Thanks, again Mimi G - I made a pencil skirt!). 

In 2013, I hope to forge greater friendships, really learn how to use my new sewing machine (did I mention I love sewers who post videos on you tube!) - and, move on to better projects with better finished results.


What about you?
What tingled your taste buds?
Who inspired you?


Needles Up,
Always Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment