Saturday, December 15, 2012

#reverb - Day 12

#reverb12
I saw a link to this on Sew Fashionably Modest
There are daily prompts for the month of December that allow you to reflect on 2012 and plan for 2013.

I don't have time to keep up with this, but since, I have been enjoying the process.  I've been going back to the original post on I Saw You Dancing and working through the list of prompts.....

Day 12 - Your Most Intense Emotions?
What made you dance in 2012?  What made you weep?

**When I started this list, I was thinking that this has been a really, really hard year - at least, emotionally.  But, in reality - this has been an exceptionally great year - with a sprinkling of hard moments.....**

Laughing: Mommie came to visit me in January - and, I was so happy to see her..... This was a great visit and especially at the beginning of the year!

Crying: During my mom's visit - I received some bad news - like the worst possible news you can receive while your mom is visiting you for a few days.  I would have cried anyway, but it seemed much more tragic and depressing with my mom here.  Is it wrong for me to want my mom to think my ATL life is great?  I really don't think so....

Shopping (does shopping describe an emotion - you can relate it to Utter Elation): Fabric shopping in NYC - need I say more.... Although, I'm still don't want to cut my "good" fabric.

Dancing: Sewing in a straight line - I made my first "wearable" dress and I had 6 - 9 straight seams and they were all mostly straight.... I danced, I laughed, I smiled, I blogged, and yes, after I wore it - I shed a few happy tears.   Made My First Dress

Totally Amazed: I felt this a few times this year, but the best of the best.  I set an aggressive goal to pay off some some smaller debts that I've had in my life way, way too long.  It meant - I had to set and keep a spending plan.  It meant - I had to buy a coffee pot and make coffee at home (no more, popping over to Starbucks for a relaxing "cuppa" after a hard day at work).  It meant - that I need to cook breakfast and lunch at home for work.... But, I did it - and, I was so totally amazed.  Just thinking about the moment when I realized that I hit my goal - I'm still smiling! 

Winning: New Sewing machine with all the bells and whistles that I could possibly want and in my budget!  Okay, so it wasn't official until the lady at Wal-Mart rung it up... I may have been spotted doing my happy dance at the checkout.  Dance, even if they are watching.

Punk'd (another questionable emotion, but accurately describes how I felt at the time): I went looking with my pal Roz for a car.... The address on the dealership's website ended up being a blue house with a sign - around the corner and across the street from the car lot.  Although, we already felt like we had seen it all, we went to the location of the car to view it.  I really should have listened to my first thought.  Only to feel more punk'd (if that's possible) because the car looked like it had been keyed on one side.  That wasn't mentioned on the website.  And, the inside of that car smelled like something bad happened (I can't think of any other way to describe that smell).  Major OMG!

Blessed: Making this list, I'm able to really see that through it all I've made it... I am truly blessed.  Maybe, I should have described this emotion as Loved.  Because, thinking over this year - that's what I'm feeling... I am truly loved.


What about you?
What was your most intense emotion this year?

Needles Up,
Always Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment