Sunday, December 2, 2012

Update - Finishing what I started.....

Of course, I had some things for the non-sewing parts of my life that I needed to take care of on Saturday.... But, once all of that was done.  I made a point of spending time "finishing what I started."

I realized that there are two other projects that I need to include in "finishing what I started..."
* Pink Jumpsuit - I'm not going to be able to wear it, but I will be giving it to my mom.  I meant to get her to try it on when she was here in November, but it completely slipped my mind.  I still need to complete the finishing steps on the halter top, insert the zipper, and finish the hem.  I won't be able to finish these things until she visits in January.

*S1885 Dress - After the fiasco with the collar, I never picked this dress back up.  I need to re-visit and see what needs to be done to complete it.

And, yes - I finished the hem on the pink pants.  I can't believe I hadn't finished that sooner.  Once, I take some pictures - I'll be sure to post.

Tweed Skirt - I took it out.  The sewing machine and the skirt are ready for when I get back home later today. 
Jacket - I went over the instructions on the jacket (V8541) for finishing the sleeves and hem.  OMG, I almost forgot that I'll also need to sew on snaps.  Not sure how long that will take.

Wow!  That was really productive - considering I only had about 2 hours, here and there yesterday.  I'm not only clearing up the studio, but I'm also clearing up mental space.

I was reading about the plans for the 2013 SWAP (Sewing with a Plan).  I'm so intrigued.  But, it seems hard to make such a detailed plan (or, coordinating) - at least, that's how it seems from the storyboards that I've viewed.  I don't know.  I'll keep working on my "finishing" list and I'll determine if the SWAP is right for me.

Needles Up,
Always Audrey

4 comments:

  1. I need to take a cue from you and finish what I started. I have a dress that I started almost two years ago that needs a zipper and hem. (SMH) The hardest part of sewing sixteen darts and inserting the lining is over. Why I can't sit down and put in that darn zipper is beyond me!

    I also have a jacket that I started as part of a class (cough) over seven (cough) years ago. Yeah, that's still hanging in Area 51. One day...

    I've been eying the 2013 SWAP on SG, too. Keep in mind that even though ten garments are required, you can divide this into two sets of five coordinating groups; the two groups need not go together. Cohesion is a plus, but not a necessity. What's required is that the eleventh garment go with both individual sets. I think this makes sewing the whole plan more doable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment and the encouragement!

      The hardest part of deciding to reinvent myself, is looking at who I am.... I have new patterns and fabric. I was ready to start pre-treating fabric when I had to move my UFOs to make room. LOL!

      I am thinking that I will do the swap. It's just that I've worked on about 12 projects all year - and, 4 of them aren't finished. OMG!

      Delete
    2. Some folks don't even realize that they need that look! I learned the hard way and keep the mirror handy. =)

      Delete
  2. I didn't have time for sewing last weekend with other commitments. And, I have to spend part of today at work - but, hopefully I'll still be able to spend a little time "finishing what I started."

    ReplyDelete