Wednesday, December 5, 2012

#reverb - Day 4 & 5

#reverb12
I saw a link to this on Sew Fashionably Modest
There are daily prompts for the month of December that allow you to reflect on 2012 and plan for 2013. I didn't sign up (I've got enough commitments for the moment), but I like the idea of taking time to really reflect on the past year. 


Day 4: How will you celebrate you?
How are you going to celebrate yourself this festive season.

**Warning: This is a total departure from what even I know to be normal for Audrey Sew ReInvented Audrey

I want to make a new dress (I have the pattern and the fabric). 
I want to bake a cake (I recently purchased a covered cake platter). 
I want to spend a day (or 2) - watching old movies, eating popcorn, maybe reading blogs, and eating cake.
And, that's it....
None of this revolves around spending money, shopping or spending money. 
Who is this girl?  Sew ReInvented Audrey
And, what has she done with Audrey?  ReInvented Her

Day 5: What was your dream destination?
What was your dream destination in 2012 and why?

My dream destination: HOME

I've found that I've spent the last few years (but, really probably my whole life) trying to go/get to the next place.  Never really savoring the moment, always rushing to embrace the next moment.  Never enjoying the spend (purchase), always gearing up for the next.  In 2012, I decided to spend more time at home on purpose.  I've worked on making my home comfortable, relaxing, and enjoyable.  This year, I took my first ever week-long destination trip and stayed HOME.  It was one of the best (and, cheapest) vacations that I can remember having in a long time. 


What about you?
How will you celebrate you?
What was your dream destination?

Needles Up,
Always Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment